Director – Daniel Nettheim
Starring – Willem Dafoe, Sam Neill, Frances O’Connor
Notes & scribbles
- Based on the 1999 novel of the same name by Julia Leigh
- Live scribbling as I watch.
- Nice beard Willem.
- Tasmanian tiger hunt then.
- One of the kids is called Bike??
- The locals don’t seem too friendly towards Willem.
- So the kids dad is missing. Wonder if Willem is gonna be distracted from the job in hand?
- Scenery looks amazing.
- Gunshot! Is the hunter being hunted?
- The locals don’t like environmentalists (greenies).
- I’m on Fire by Springsteen. Opening lines very apt.
- Infrared camera in a tree?
- Ok. Bike’s real name is Jamie. That’s a relief.
- Looks like Bike is helping Willem by drawing pictures.
- Those traps look terrifying!
- Ooyah! Ran right into that branch there. Sare face!
- So the greenies cost the loggers their jobs
- Sam Neill is up to something!
- Think Willem found the dad. Or whats left of him.
- No tiger so far.
- The weather can look quite Scottish there. Chucking it doon!
- Uh-oh – that’s the guy from the start of the film. What’s he up to?
- I’m sensing some kind of showdown.
- He’s caught in a trap. He can’t get out!
- Springsteen song doubly ironic now!
- Was that a Tassie tiger?
- What a strange looking creature.
- Sad, wee ending though I did enjoy it.