Director – Mark Hartley
Starring (recognisable names) – Alex Winter, Richard Chamberlain, John G. Avildsen, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Tobe Hooper, Robert Forster, Franco Nero, Elliott Gould, Bo Derek, Michael Dudikoff, John Frankenheimer, Franco Zeffirelli, Molly Ringwald, Barbet Schroeder, Sheldon Lettich, Marina Sirtis,
What’s it all about? – Two film-making Israeli cousins, Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus, who buy Cannon films and produce some amount of cult/crap cinema throughout the 80’s. Listed above are some of the actors and directors they worked with over the years. Below is a list of films that clips were shown of during the documentary.
Notes & Scribbles
- Film clips shown: Operation Thunderbolt, Lemon Popsicle, Joe (Peter Boyle, Susan Sarandon), Happy Hooker, Schizoid, X-Ray, Happy Hooker Goes To Hollywood, The Apple (Crazy looking musical), House Of The Long Shadows, Lady Chatterley’s Lover (Sylvia Kristel), Last American Virgin, Death Wish 2 (Charles Bronson), The Wicked Lady, Enter The Ninja, Revenge Of The Ninja, Ninja 3: The Domination, Sahara (not the McConaughey one), Hercules (Lou Ferrigno), Breakin’, Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo, Over The Brooklyn Bridge, Bolero, America 3000, Missing In Action: The Beginning (Chuck Norris), Missing In Action (Chuck again), American Ninja (Michael Dudikoff), Invasion USA (Chuck again), Lifeforce, Going Bananas, Death Wish 3 (Bronson again), Death Wish 4: The Crackdown (and again), Otello, Love Streams, King Lear, Barfly, Runaway Train (Jon Voight, Eric Roberts, Rebecca DeMornay), King Solomons Mines (Richard Chamberlain, Sharon Stone), Alan Quatermain And The Lost City Of Gold (Chamberlain and Stone again), The Delta Force (Chuck once more), Invaders From Mars, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (Dennis Hopper), Over The Top (Stallone), Superman 4: Quest For Peace (looking at the clip I’m not sure I’ve seen it), Masters Of The Universe (Dolph), Journey To The Centre Of The Earth, Cyborg (JCVD), Lambada, The Forbidden Dance.
- It seemed they would take ideas and sell them, then use the money to make the films.
- Mostly quantity over quality it would appear.
- Everyone who did an impression of Menahem, got it spot on.
- Richard Chamberlain bitched about Sharon Stone. Not a fan by all accounts.
- It seemed people either loved working for them, or hated it.
- Entertaining documentary, good stories, and some crazy looking films!