Director – Luis Llosa
Starring – Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone, James Woods, Eric Roberts, Rod Steiger
What’s it all about? – Stone wants to avenge her parent’s deaths and hires Stallone to do the job, but, as usual, things don’t go smoothly. There’s more pointless twists and turns than 12 Scalextric tracks joined together.
Notes & Scribbles
- Stallone! Woods! Fight!
- Old school laptop/email.
- There’s a scene about 10 minutes in, a flashback showing the murder of Stone’s parents which she witnessed. The girl looks about 8 while Eric Roberts looks like Eric Roberts. I can’t remember if they age him a bit when he appears later. Update soon!
- Update – Nope they don’t, he just has bigger hair. According to IMDB trivia, her character is supposed to be in her twenties, but unless the film tells you this are you just supposed to guess. I can’t remember any dates or ages being mentioned in the film, but Roberts doesn’t look 20 years older than her
- Stallone’s character (Ray Quick) reminds me of the character he played in Assassins.
- A battle of the sneer between Roberts and Woods. Roberts has the sleazy sneer, while Woods has more of a psycho one.
- Roberts and Woods hate each other, and as they are both bad guys, it’s kinda difficult to care when they are arguing.
- Stone looked fairly disinterested all the way through the film.